GLyC - Logic, Language and Computability Research Group
- August 2012. 19th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation (WoLLIC) 2012, September 3rd to 6th, Facultad de Ciencias Economicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
WoLLIC is a series of workshops which started in 1994 with the aim of fostering interdisciplinary research in pure and applied logic. The idea is to have a forum which is large enough in the number of possible interactions between logic and the sciences related to information and computation, and yet is small enough to allow for concrete and useful interaction among participants. Web page:http://www.glyc.dc.uba.ar/wollic12/
- October 2010. Stèphane Demri
Counter systems and temporal logics. More information here.
- December 2009. Carlos Areces
seminar in the CS Department (UBA), Buenos Aires, Argentina. Date to be confirmed.
"Memory Logics". This short seminar will be about memory logics, an some of its properties: expressivity, completeness and computational aspects.
- 2008-04-18, 17hs. André Nies'
talk in the CS Department (UBA), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
subsets of the natural numbers". Introductory talk about computational
and descriptive complexity of sets of natural numbers and its
relation with degrees of randomness.
- 2008-02-11 Course on modal and hybrid logics. CS Department
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
February 11th - 15th 2008, Carlos Areces and Patrick Blackburn (LORIA) will give a course on the following topics: modal languages characterization, completeness via tableaux, interpolation, alternative semantics (topologic and neighborhood). The course will give 1 credit. Those who are interested, please send an email to Sergio Mera. Check the web page.
- 2007-11-28 Special Mention of Sadosky Awards given by CESSI to the work untitled Turing's unpublished algorithm for normal numbers by Verónica Becher, Santiago Figueira and Rafael Picchi.
See the complete list of winners. Read more.
- 2007-07-10 Newspaper article in La Nación.
Becher and Figueira reconstruct a manuscript of Alan Turing about normal numbers. Read the article.
- 2006-12-07 Course on Logic and Computability. CS Department
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Santiago Figueira, Daniel Gorín, Sergio Mera and others will give the course during the summer 2007. For more information, check the web page .
- 2006-10-09 Course on Semantics in Natural Language
Processing. CS Department (UBA), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
From October 30th to November 3rd, Dr. Claire Gardent will give a course. No previous background is needed. The couse will give 1 credit. If you a are interested, send an email to Sergio Mera or Daniel Gorín.
- 2006-09-19 Conference on Logic, Computability and Randomness - January 10-13, 2007, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The theme of the conference is algorithmic randomness and related topics in logic, computability and complexity. The program will consist of invited talks, contributed talks, and discussions. Submission deadline: abstracts of contributed talks should be sent by October 1st 2006 to email@example.com. Web page: http://www.dc.uba.ar/people/logic2007/
- 2006-05-20 Course on Computational Modal Logic.
Carlos Areces, Daniel Gorín and Sergio Mera will give the course during
the second semester 2006 in the CS Department (UBA), Buenos Aires,
Argentina. For more information, check the web page for more information.